Keystone Press can accept your files on the following media:
You can submit your files to firstname.lastname@example.org as an email attachment if the attachment is under 25 Mb in size. Or, send your file to our FTP site. FTP is used strictly for transferring files. There is no file size limitation. E-mail messages must be sent separately. Whether you send the files via email or ftp, be aware that the files are sometimes corrupted by internet servers. Increase the chance of your files success by stuffing (Stuffit Mac) or "zipping" (Winzip - PC) before sending.
To save time on your printing project, please save your files according to our file requirements. We can accept files from these software programs:
• InDesign CS6 - CC
• Illustrator CS6 - CC
• Photoshop CS6 - CC
• Quark 8-10
To help us process your files as quickly as possible, please make sure that you are adhering to the file requirements outlined below. If your file does not follow these guidelines, extra time may be required to process them.
Press-Ready PDF (Preferred)
InDesign CC or below (Packaged with all fonts and graphics)
QuarkXPress 10 or below (Collected with all fonts and graphics)
*Note that files submitted in other formats may require extra processing time and could incur additional processing fees; please talk to your sales representative.
File color must match quoted colors. Images must be CMYK, Grayscale or Pantone halftone, not RGB. 4 color jobs must only contain Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black inks. Spot colors should only be used on jobs quoted for spot colors. Any job printing Black only should only contain Black ink, do not use any rich black or Registration black.
All file formats must have a minimum of 300 dpi (dot per inch) resolution. The images designed for the web are usually at a low screen resolution of 72 dpi and are not suitable. Print images need to be created at 300 dpi or there will be a substantial drop in the image quality.
If your artwork goes to the edge of the document, an 1/8” (.125”) bleed is required.
All critical elements (text, images, logos, etc.) must be kept at least 1/16" (.0625”) inside the edge. Anything too close to the edge may be cut off during trimming.
Creating a print ready file
- The document size of the electronic file should match the size of the finished piece.
- Bleed elements should extend 1/8" beyond the trim.
- Include all fonts and all graphics files that have been used in your layout.
- The document color mode for all your files should be Grayscale, Duotone, or CMYK, not RGB.
- Spot color jobs should only have the number of colors in the file that you intend us to print on the press.
- Bitmap graphics should be at least 300 dpi for photos and 800 dpi for linework at final size.
- Avoid jpeg compression when saving graphics. Depending upon the setting you use, jpeg compression can degrade the quality of your file significantly.
Fonts can be something you choose based on your specification. No matter the font you desire we can print it. In order to give you a better understanding of what fonts are out there please click the link below to view all of your options available.